“Everything That I Needed to Learn About Inclusion, I Learned in Kindergarten…”
Presented By: Jennifer Veneziani
Take a trip down memory lane and think about your Kindergarten teacher. What did they teach you and how can you apply those principles to your current job? In a tight labor market, it is imperative to get creative and meet talent acquisition demands. Let’s get back to basics and learn about how inclusive hiring with appropriate support services can work for your organization.
· Participants will be able to revisit the importance of hiring diverse population and the positive impact that it has on workplace culture.
· Participants will have an overview of diversity initiatives within the State of NJ for people with disabilities.
· Participants will learn more about the fundamentals of the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and be able to attract diverse talent to their organizations.
· Participants will understand how to orient a new employee with a disability and work collaboratively with the job coach when applicable.
· Participants will leave the presentation with a greater understanding of accommodations in the workplace as well as ways to get assistive technology services through community resources.
Approved for 1.25 SHRM PDCs
This program is pending HRCI credit approval
JENNIFER VENEZIANI, Program Planning and Development Specialist, NJ Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Jennifer Veneziani is in her 18h year with the NJ Department of Labor (NJDOL). During her tenure, she served as a Counselor for various programs and organized the first Learning Link in Burlington County. Upon completion of her Master’s degree from the Rutgers University, she joined the New Jersey Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (NJDVRS) as a Counselor, Senior Counselor, Supervisor and is currently a Consultant with the Business Outreach Team. Jennifer has previously served as the President of the NJ Rehabilitation Association, the Co-Chair for the Schedule A Hiring Event as well as a trainer for NJDVRS Best Practices Committee. Jennifer has served as a clinical supervisor for Rutgers University, has a national distinction as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor and was credentialed as a Certified Public Manager. She has completed post graduate studies in Mental Health through the University of Buffalo. She resides in Sewell with her husband and daughter.
Thank you to our April 2020 Meeting Sponsor:
Jamie Bratton and Innovative Benefit Planning
555 Fellowship Road
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054