Voluntary Insurance Plans
1. Ensure an appropriate balance of the competitiveness of the employee benefits programs and the benefit offering’s ability to attract and retain critical talent with the need to meet cost objectives that ensure the company’s financial viability.
2. Collaborate with company leadership to develop and refine a strategy relating to benefit offerings, cost-sharing, wellness, and education that can help guide future decisions and to keep costs in line with budget or other financial constraints.
3. Collaborate with practice leaders and Bluebonnet Division to understand benefits’ role in employee engagement and the attraction and retention of key talent.
4. Collaborate with and make recommendations to company leadership (including leading and actively participating in the Affordable Care Act Committee) on the development of the company’s response to the ongoing healthcare reform requirements.
5. Support HR and Finance in the development and implementation of other rewards programs, as required.
1. Administers employee benefit programs, such as basic and major medical coverage, dental insurance, group life insurance, pension plans, COBRA, and other benefits.
2. Negotiate and document plan terms, pricing and alternatives during the annual enrollment process.
3. Oversees annual employee census for use in review and selection of insurance and benefit providers.
4. Facilitate the preparation and distribution of communications to inform employees of benefit programs and changes relating thereto, including the facilitation of benefit annual enrollment events and necessary updates to the enrollment system.
5. Maintain benefit records and documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage.6. Coordinate the 401(k) qualified plan investment committee (establishes agenda for policy review, investment monitoring and fund selection, selection and review of consultants, educational offerings, etc.).
7. Administer third-party software that enables online benefit administration (Benefitfocus).
1. Review and approve payroll deductions, interpret company policies and government regulations in connection with payroll procedures, and direct preparation of government reports.
2. Oversee the annual discrimination tests of 401(k) and health benefits as well as Form 5500 preparation.
3. Ensures compliance of employee benefit programs with all federal and state regulations. Prepares and/or files required federal and state reports.
4. Collaborate with the Finance office to ensure the integrity of benefit-related data, and to facilitate the collection of any required census and/or audit data.
5. Maintain knowledge of all federal and state regulations affecting employee benefit programs, and oversee the preparation of any reports or other requirements to comply with these regulations.
1. Be a trusted advisor and assist individual employees with various benefit issues.
2. Ensure plan participants are receiving compassionate, excellent and reliable service.
3. Monitor performance of external partners who provide extended service to plan participants.
4. Plans and conducts benefit open enrollment events.
5. Periodically obtain participant feedback to ensure that service is meeting service level expectations.